2014年11月3日星期一

Jiahe Bian ARCH655 project1

The model I build is swoosh pavilion.
The basic concept of my model is I divide the structure into two categories. The first one is column and another one is beam.
I start from two curves.

I divided the first curve into A parts, and the second curve into B parts.
I am thinking that the columns are parts of semi-circles. So I build several semi-circles at first. The radiuses of those semi-circles are from 20 to 45.
And then I build a solid to trim those curves, and get the first lines of columns.
With Similar process, I get the second lines of columns.
With those two lists of lines, I get the columns solids.
After the columns, I start to build the beams. At first, I divided each semi-circle into C parts. And get first line of beams (before cull).

I offset the first lines and get the second lines of beams; the width of beams can be adjusted by slider D.
Using extrude node and cap holes node, I get the beams (before cull). And the thickness of beams can be adjusted by E slider.

Using the same solid I used before to evaluate those beams, and get the beams which are totally inside the solid.
 
Next, I rotate it and get another part.

The last step is to build some beams which can connect those two parts.
When A=14, B=17, C=60, D=0.0018, E=4, this is the top view of the model.

When A=11, B=10, C=60, D=0.0018, E=4, this is the top view of the model.
When A=11, B=10, C=60, D=0.0018, E=1, this is the perspective view of the model.
When A=11, B=10, C=60, D=0.0018, E=5, this is the perspective view of the model.

I build the soil which has same thickness. The volume of it is 64976.11.
But using this structure, when A=14, B=17, C=60, D=0.0018, E=4 the volume of all the beams and columns is just 14005.03.
So I can save 78.4% of material.

The final analysis is the force analysis. The result shows that the columns are too long, those columns cannot afford those own dead weight. So I need to cut some parts of the columns.






没有评论:

发表评论